Lady for a Season by Melissa Addey




 

A young duke declared mad. His nurse masquerading as a lady. One social season in which to marry him off. What could possibly go wrong?

When foundling Maggie takes a job caring for Edward, she knows him only as a young man declared mad and kept privately under the care of a physician to avoid any scandal for his family.

But Edward is the heir to the Duke of Buckingham and when his father dies his family is determined to marry him off to secure the title and the estate. Edward insists that Maggie stay by his side, so she must be passed off as a lady for one social season, during which time a marriage can be arranged.

When a midnight carriage comes for Maggie, is she ready for the makeover of a lifetime? Can she remember all the rules, keep the secrets of Atherton Park… and above all, avoid falling in love?

A delightful Regency romance, full of historical detail and emotional choices, as two downtrodden characters come to know their true worth and what they mean to each other. The Season has begun, the ton is gathered… and the clock is ticking for Maggie and Edward. Here is your invitation to the romance of the season, buy Lady for a Season today.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lady for a Season is one of the most emotional novels I have ever read. Unlike many Regency Romances where the woman has to be rescued by a dashingly handsome man, this book is the other way around. It is the woman rescuing the man.

 This book is utterly brilliant from beginning to end, although I must admit I did shed a few tears. It does deal with some difficult issues such as mental health, but it is very much a beautiful love story. 

I will certainly be reading more books from this author. 


This book is available on amazon in kindle and paperback.


Melissa Addey

I grew up and was home educated on an Italian hill farm. I now live in London with my husband, two children and a black and white cat called Holly who enjoys the editing process as there is so much scrap paper involved.

I mainly write historical fiction, inspired by what I call ‘the footnotes of history’: forgotten stories or part-legends about interesting people and places. I have a PhD in Creative Writing, for which I wrote The Garden of Perfect Brightness and an academic thesis about balancing fact and fiction in historical fiction. 

I like to move from one historical era to another, finding stories to share, like a travelling minstrel. So far I’ve been to Ancient Rome, medieval Morocco, 18th century China and Regency England. Join me on my travels: browse my books.

If you’d like to know more about me and my books, join me behind the scenes for interviews, videos from my research trips, character profiles and more.

Website - https://www.melissaaddey.com/





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Pianist: Step into the past with this gripping historical fiction filled with secrets, danger, and suspense by Andie Newton

Poetic Justice (The Publius Ovidius Mysteries Book 1) by Fiona Forsyth